Saturday, April 17, 2010

Los Angeles, CA (Silverlake)/ Are you interested in tracing your roots via the internet?

My mom visited me a few weeks ago and I spent a day showing her around LA. Even though I grew up in southern California and she had lived here for 20 years before moving to Illinois, we've never really spent time together in the city. It was super nice being able to drive her around and show her where I've been spending my time for the past ten-ish months since I've been living in LA.

At the top of my places to bring visitors is Barnsdall Art Park at Hollywood and Vermont. Hands down, the BEST place to take a nap on a grassy lawn while taking in the downtown scenery and the Hollywood sign.

After that, we went to Silverlake, where we discovered Spice Station, met the owners and bought German Chocolate Cake Tea and volcano ash salt!


The Walking Talk #51
© Jasmin Chang 2010

Answer: I'm not interested in that simply because I already know my roots. My uncle gave my parents a gift that traced our family roots, so I know that history. It would have interested me though. My family is Italian, first generation Italian. They moved from Italy to Montreal, my dad in '54 and my mom in '59.

Question: Do you believe in God and if so, how do you know?

1 comment: