Sunday, April 4, 2010

Los Angeles, CA (Playa del Rey)/Where do you come from?

May has been a busy month with lots of travelling, which I'm quite happy about. I'll tell you more about about where I've been through the next few posts. However, travelling plus waiting to finish a roll of film and then develop it has put a bit of a lag in posting the walking talk, so sorry about that!

Back at my favorite neighborhood grocery store, I met this couple when they recommended a new type of orange with wrinkly, bumpy, bulging skin.  I can't remember what it was called but the woman I photographed said it was the sweetest, most delicious orange she ever ate. I bought one and indeed...yum!

The Walking Talk #50
© Jasmin Chang 2010

Answer: Would you believe that we are both native Californians? We were both born less than ten miles from here. I was born in San Pedro and he was born in west LA.
 
I ask how LA has changed since they were young.

The largest difference I can think of is, for instance, I had a friend who lived on a street with three single family dwellings on one street. When they decided to sell, they all decided to sell to a contractor and it went from three families to 36 condominiums. You multiply that by many many many times and that's what happened to west LA. That's the reason for all the traffic!

Question: Are you interested in tracing your roots via the internet?

No comments:

Post a Comment