Sunday, October 9, 2011

Park Slope, Brooklyn / Where in the world would you like to go to visit? Where are you curious about?

It's the LA freeway driving talking in me, but I've been continually amazed at how walkable New York City is. If it takes the same amount of time to walk somewhere versus take public transportation, I'll always walk. I walked so much the first few weeks here that three pairs of shoes, on three simultaneous days, completely self-destructed and broke as I was walking home. So, my friend Julia suggested I buy a pair of white hi top Converse, my first pair ever! A few days later, as I was walking around in Park Slope, I stopped at a stoop sale, and my next interviewee called out that I had the cleanest Converse that he's ever seen, that he used to wear converse in the 80s and his were always tie-dyed and completely marked up with Sharpie.

The Walking Talk #67**
© Jasmin Chang 2011

Answer: What an easy question! I would want to go to Machu Picchu in Peru. I would want to go to Sydney, Australia. I would want to go to Egypt to see the pyramids. Those things are on my bucket list. I've already been to the Northern Lights, Glacier National Park and seen pyramids in Mexico (which I really liked, but I want to see the ones in Egypt). I've been to Río Camuy Cave Park in Puerto Rico. They are the darkest, deepest underground caves. There are 20 mile deep caves, 40 mile deep caves and even 100 mile deep caves with stalactites and stalagmites. I've gotten to travel to all these places just by saving from one year to the next and when I have enough, I take a trip

Question: Which mangoes are the best? 

**The story about why these photos look like this...in April of last year, my friend and forever creative collaborator, Kaitlyn, visited me in L and she had two rolls of Kodachrome left. She gave me one roll, she took one roll and we went on a photo adventure. But, I didn't finish the roll till this fall, far after Dwayne's in Kansas (the world's last Kodachrome processing facility) stopped processing the film. Still eager to see what was on the roll, I took it to Print Space, who said they could experimentally process it as black & white film....and voila!


Here are a few more from that roll of film:
kaitlyn kodachrome
My friend, Kaitlyn!

43720017

43720015

1 comment:

  1. So happy you found someone to develop the film. The pictures are wonderful! Can't wait to read the next post :D

    ReplyDelete