Friday, August 5, 2011

Ravinia, IL / What are the most important things in life?

I visited Chicago at the end of the summer and went to the Ravinia Festival for the first time. I saw Yo Yo Ma who performed so incredibly amazingly. Chicago is an awesome city because it doesn't make me feel like I have to do a million things at once and I had the best Chicago day. I got a chocolate croissant and a cup of coffee (which they were giving out for free!) at Alliance Bakery and sat down to do some work. Then, I had a walk through the epic buildings of downtown Chicago (I really think Chicago has the most beautiful skyline in America) to the Metra station. On the train up to Ravinia, I met my walking talk interviewee who was on her way to the festival as well...

The Walking Talk #66
© Jasmin Chang 2011

Answer: Freedom is the most important. Freedom to see your friends. Freedom to think what you like. You don't have to live a cookie cutter life. You have freedom to live where you want, read what you want, love what you want, to think what you want, to have your own opinion. Basically, no limitations. You're going to have limitations with age, but I'd like to avoid it if I can afford it.

Question: Where in the world would you like to go to visit? Where are you curious about?

Stay tuned and get excited...the next Walking Talk moves to New York City!

No comments:

Post a Comment