Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Skokie, IL/Why don't people pay more attention to spaying and neutering their cats and dogs? Why don't people take more responsibility for their pets?

Welcome to the Pita Inn, one of the most amazing places to eat in all of the Chicagoland. Three dollars for a dozen fresh baked pita bread, the best falafel sandwiches, hummus, tabouleh... Needless to say, many of my Northwestern days were spent here so it was only fitting when I visited this summer that it would be a part of my project.

The Walking Talk #57
© Jasmin Chang 2010

 Answer: I don't know because I don't raise cats or dogs. The people don't have responsibility. They think it's easy but it's not. It's a soul. It's like a human being. It needs food. It needs care. You have to take care of it like a baby.

I ask why he does not own any pets.

I've been here just for a short time and in my country, Iraq, they don't care to take care of pets like here.

Question: How come some people can take care of dogs and cats for a long time, but others for only a very short time? With babies too. Some people can care for them for a long time, some people play for a few minutes and then get bored. Why is that difference?

The Walking Talk #57

2 comments: