Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Venice, CA / Are you happy? If yes, why? If no, why?

I often go to the Bank of America in Venice for work and every time I go, I always look forward to seeing Magdiel, the attendant in their parking lot, who greets me with a big smile and an enthusiastic, "Hello Jasmin!" I've been hoping to interview him for The Walking Talk for some time now, and this just seemed like the perfect question for him.

the walking talk #62
© Jasmin Chang 2011

Answer: Of course, I am happy! I am happy to breath fresh air. I'm happy just to be alive.

There was a singer who sings this song... Celia Cruz. She sings, "Life is a carnival. It doesn't matter if you don't have any food, doesn't matter if you don't have any belongings, just be happy. Try to be happy. To be happy, you don't need many things. To be happy, you just need yourself. If you are not rich, if you are poor, enjoy the life cause it's a carnival."

It's the only time we have to celebrate, when we are alive.

Question: What's the first thing you do in the morning when you open your eyes?

No comments:

Post a Comment