Thursday, October 29, 2009

Inglewood, CA/What would make today a good day for you?

For anyone that knows of my obsession with fake food, especially gigantic fake food, it's obvious why this entry exists. Seeing Randy's Donuts every morning on the way to work has been the highlight of many days. So finally, on the way to my last day of work, I decided to stop and buy a dozen donuts.


© Jasmin Chang 2009
Answer: Business wise, of course if business is good today...the day before Halloween. Personally, that we all get along, everyone in the store. There are 14 people working here and most of them have been here for awhile.

This building has been Randy's Donuts since 1976. The building was built in 1952. There were 10 buildings like this and they were originally called the Big Donut Drive In. The original owner sold it to a man whose son was named Randy. There are four buildings like this left, but this one is the most famous cause we've been in movies. They're actually filming a movie here next week. It is about the end of the world, and they are going to have the donut roll off the top of the building.

My brother and I bought the store in 1978. I was living out in Ohio and I wanted to come back to California and my brother told me that this place was for sale. So, I came out here, worked here for a month, liked and and bought it with my brother. It's been 31 years.

Question: How has the economy affected your life? Have you continued on the same path or cut back?

19.inglewoodrandys2
© Jasmin Chang 2009
I19.randysstore
© Jasmin Chang 2009
Good morning, Randy's Donuts! Crumble donuts...AMAZING.

No comments:

Post a Comment