Saturday, May 15, 2010

DUMBO, Brooklyn, NY/ Do you believe in God? And if not, why?

The Walking Talk 54, DUMBO, Brooklyn
© Jasmin Chang 2010

Answer: Yes, I totally believe in God because I feel like our human brain cannot comprehend the infinite. I don’t think it’s arrogant if you’re agnostic, I just don’t think the world would be the way it is now without God. The serendipity, the random violence. We try to anthropomorphize God but it’s beyond our thinking. I think it’s something that gives us hope because I don’t think being human is the most fun thing in the world.

Question: Do you think that American society is becoming more nihilistic--that we are not caring about things that we used to see as sacrosanct? What values do we still care about or is it all out the door? Is everything up to question? Do we care anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment